January 25, 2010

Tyson, In The Beginning



A more current photo of Tyson and Max. Actually I have two dogs, Max is extremely camera shy hence the lack of pics. But here they are doing there daily routine of re-claiming Daddys bed after Ive gotten up. Tyson and Max are the best of friends, Max is a little more sneaky and plotting than Tyson. Max also has the unique ability to bite ankles where as Tysons has the ability to just stomp the hell out of Max once he's had enough. Tysons kinda aloof most of the time where as Max is the alarm system, loud, penetrating barking at even the most imaginary of threats. Max has some ummmm, food issues, he will eat any and everything in the blink of an eye. Tyson, wont touch a thing unless he checks it out first and decides if he likes it or not.





I never really wanted to be a dog owner, not that I didn't like dogs, I just didn't want the responsibility. When you have a dog you always have to be aware things like, you cant just take off and leave for the day, you have to think about stuff like the dog needs to be fed, has to be let out to go potty, are they going to get into things while I,m gone, etc. So I just had better things to do with my time than worry about a dog. One day I see this white boxer in my front yard, he looks to be friendly and obviously on some sort of unsupervised excursion. He had no dog tags so I had no way of contacting the owners. So I walk him around the neighborhood to see if I can find where he lives. It turns out that everybody knew this dog, he's been out running around for weeks. But nobody knew where he lived. So, I take him back home and needed some time to think about how can I find his owners. One of my neighbors decided that he could spend the night at his house and the next day we could see what we could find out about Tyson.


The next day turned into 3 days later I was out in the yard with the dog and a car driving by stopped, Tyson's owners had found him. Turns out he lived on the street behind where I lived (Tyson Cove) They take him home and as far as I knew it was over. What a relief to be rid of that dog. Well, a couple of days later I open my door to find Tyson sitting on my porch waiting for me. He had been jumping a six foot tall fence at his house for quite some time, evidently he'd been going on these outings for quite some time. I take him back home and that's the end of that. This scenario had repeated itself many times, Tyson knew exactly where I lived and for whatever reason had decided that he liked me. Eventually the owners would take longer and longer to come pick him up, he had spent the night at my house many times by then. Eventually they stopped coming to pick him up and come to find out they had moved away and just left him behind. I felt so sorry for Tyson, he's very young, 1 year old at that time. All my neighbors played a dirty trick on me. They all talked to me about letting Tyson stay at my house and we could all work on finding Tyson a new home. One of the neighbors even made sure that I had plenty of dog food and treats for him. Well guess what? Nobody ever found a home for Tyson, they never had any intention of finding him a home. Tyson already had a home, my house. They knew that if I had him long enough that I would grow attached to him and decide to keep him. That's how I came to be Tyson's new Daddy. Ive had him for four years now. I can honestly say that I wouldn't give him away for anything. Tyson exudes unconditional love to everybody, he see's no strangers, just new friends. Loves to cuddle and give kisses. He's my little buddy and everyday I genuinely look forward to spending time with him, going for walks or whatever. All the photos here are from around the time when this was actually taking place. The above pic where he's staring at my foot is one of his favorite games, "get my toes" he just waiting for the slightest of movement and then he will ATTACK! All in fun, although he is a lot stronger then you would think, he could easily rip your face off but he just doesn't have it in him to be aggressive. The pic below is a rather embarrassing and unflattering pic of him sleeping on the sofa. The house was being repaired at that time due to a hail storm that put leaks in the roof. Ruined carpet, you name it. The sofa had also been damaged due to the leak in the ceiling so I didn't care if he slept on it. That was a big mistake, Tyson still sleeps on the sofa, he knows he is not supposed to get on the sofa but he thinks that as long as he's asleep it's o.k. for him to be there. So there have been times that I enter the room and find him on the couch and when he sees me he just shuts his eyes and pretends to be asleep. Anyways that's how I came to be a dog owner. Stay tuned, in pt.2 you will learn all about the time Tyson helped himself to 8 jumbo sized bran muffins and a lb. of butter while I was at the grocery store.





























4 comments:

  1. Great non-tea related post. Tyson has a great home. Does he drink tea with you ;)? Just kidding. Looking forward to Part 2 of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great story & he sounds like a very special dog. My cats have always been my favorite tea companions and lend a wonderful, loving & serene quality to my gong fu sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tieguanyin, yes Tyson does like tea, either Sencha or Matcha. He gulps these down like nobodys buisness. I think he likes these tea's for the same reason dogs like to eat grass sometimes. Settles and balances thier stomach, at least that's my theory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jay, I wish Tyson lent serenity to my tea sessions, he has to smell everything and check it out, leaving behind a mess. So I stopped letting him participate.

    ReplyDelete